You can certainly take care of your car without any hassles at all. You should be able to take care of it, no matter what. You do not have to be a professional mechanic to tackle some basic car maintenance jobs. Fixing up your own car is one of the things that you should know. I mean it is YOUR car, don’t you think YOU should be the one to have the most knowledge about it. Some small issues are certainly easy to deal with. In this guide, I will talk about some very easy and basic DIY car maintenance tips and tricks if you will. Even if you are not a car geek, doing most of these car maintenance things will make sure that you car is out of the shop.
There will be lesser chances of your car going into the garage to get fixed. These will also extend your cars life span as well.
- Make sure that you change the coolant. Coolant is not something that lasts forever. You will have to make sure that you change it every 40,000 kilometers if it is the green coolant and every 1,60,000 kilometers if it is the extended life coolant. If you keep driving with the worn coolant, you will have to replace the radiator, and that is something that you should not have to do if you just replace the coolant promptly.
- Make sure that you change the fluid regularly and in proper intervals as well. You should transfer the case fluid, and also the differential oil changes are always easy and cheap as well. By replacing these components, you have to be ready to spend well over $1500 each, and this would be the price you are going to pay for the neglect.
- Make sure that you properly replace the air filter every single year. A cabin that is clogged will put an added load on the AC system of the car, and it will also reduce the heat in the winter. That is why you should replace it at least once in a year.
- Make sure that you clean your headlights. If you live in places where it rains a lot, there could be chances that water could get trapped in the headlight. That is why you should make sure that it is checked and cleaned regularly. It is something that you need because you need the light to go around at night.
- Make sure that you repair any malfunctioning defroster grids.
You should be able to do all of these things without the help of a mechanic. Doing these things will make sure that your car is healthy.